Environment and Quality
4th January 2021
Reference: PAS99:2012, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9001:2015
1. J&A (International) Limited Group (Incorporating ID Workwear) is aware of the principal environmental legislation that affects our operations. As such, we are committed to the principle that we have a responsibility towards the public, our customers and suppliers, employees and the environment. The Group aims, as far as reasonably practicable, to advance, promote and develop our environmental effectiveness, through wherever possible, sustainable management and technologies.
2. Our aim is to establish and safeguard the environment through continued monitoring of our performance. Additionally, promotion of such issues is at the forefront of our commitment to prevent pollution and as such our printing activities must
- Comply with all legal requirements
- Continue to be improved, developed and reviewed
- Minimise emissions, waste and the use of raw materials and energy
- Ensure that wherever possible, waste products are reusable or able to be disposed of in an environmentally compatible manner
- Prioritise health, safety and environmental measures which are integrated into the process rather than added at the end
3. In addition, continued maintenance, monitoring and reviews of the working environment will be undertaken, so to improve the awareness of all concerned with the company. This will be done through company, customer and public wide, information, training and instruction.
4. The Group shall undertake all reasonably practicable steps, to promote the responsibilities of the Group and its staff, in relation to environmental issues. The management will promote the topic to the staff, basing it on the worldwide goal of conserving resources and minimizing the impact of its activities.
5. The management representative is the ‘Compliance Manager’ The post holder is required to keep abreast of all current legislation, extending this to aid the employer to comply with environmental legislation and fulfill the duties under such provisions.
6. The Group is committed to its objectives and targets, which are established and reviewed to ensure requirements and expectations are met. These are exceeded whenever possible.
7. The Group wants to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements. We aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of our quality system, including processes for continual improvement and the assurance of conformity to our customer needs. The J&A International Limited Group will continue to strive to be the market leader by exceeding the expectations of our customers through the attitude of our staff and the quality of our products and services.
8. It is the policy of the Group to maintain recognition with the British Standards Institution as a company of assessed capability under the requirements of PAS99:2012, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9001:2015 and it is committed to provide the resources needed to fulfil this.
9. This policy of the Group is demonstrated by and implemented through the operation of the management systems, and it is the management’s responsibility to ensure that it is understood, maintained, effectively monitored and reviewed and that only fully authorised documented changes are implemented.
J&A (International) Limited
Review Date: 01-22
Environmental Report 2020